Your expertise is valuable! Make sure you are leveraging it to its fullest extent. If you create content for one item, such as a newsletter, look for ways you can re-use that content in other places. Below are nine ideas to get you started.
1. Don’t offer past issues of your newsletter for free. Instead, collect those issues and sell them. You might sell a whole year of issues as a bundle, or group the issues by topic and sell them as specialized e-booklets.
2. Record your speaking engagements, then sell copies on tape or CD to those who couldn’t attend the live event. Transcribe the recording and sell it as a special report or e-book.
3. Record your teleclasses. Turn them into tapes, CDs and reports as well.
4. Take a magazine article that you’ve written and expand on it. You’ve now got a chapter for a book. The reverse works equally well: pull portions out of your book and turn them into magazine articles.
5. Do you offer your web visitors a valuable collection of articles, links, templates, forms, or downloads? Consider putting those resources behind digital bars, and asking people to pay a small monthly subscription fee to access them.