Entrepreneur magazine suggests that spotting trends is a path to business success. Part of the article outlines mogul Donald Trump’s trend spotting tips. Trump, who has built a business on trends (which partly explains his involvement in The Apprentice reality TV trend), offers these tips for entrepreneurs eager to capitalize on what’s next:
- Do Your Research: read magazines and study pop culture for signs of what’s next.
- Extend a Trend: try a variation on an existing trend.
- Be a Contrarian: sometimes it pays to go against the trend, because trends change over time.
- Be Flexible: you never know when a trend is about to stop, and you need to be able to stop manufacturing production when the trend stops.
- Be First: if you’re too cautious, you may be too late.
- Follow Your Gut: follow your instinct, even if friends and family don’t understand your vision.
The Entrepreneur article has couple of interesting stories about entrpreneurs that saw a trend and siezed the day, including one about Raising A Racquet, a company that makes atheletic maternity clothes.
|How to Embed Your Online Store Directly Inside Your Viral Videos|
|100 People you Should Follow on Twitter in 2014|
|How the heck does the stock exchange work, anyway?|
|This Video Will Make You Wish You Were an Entrepreneur in the 1980s|
|The Chinese Train That Never Stops|
|Even the Shopping Cart Needed Marketing|
|Entrepreneurs Take Too Many Showers|
|Science is Cool, Even the Science of Christmas Trees|
|3D Print Your Unborn Baby|
|How to Attract Better Clients|