Entrepreneur magazine suggests that spotting trends is a path to business success. Part of the article outlines mogul Donald Trump’s trend spotting tips. Trump, who has built a business on trends (which partly explains his involvement in The Apprentice reality TV trend), offers these tips for entrepreneurs eager to capitalize on what’s next:
- Do Your Research: read magazines and study pop culture for signs of what’s next.
- Extend a Trend: try a variation on an existing trend.
- Be a Contrarian: sometimes it pays to go against the trend, because trends change over time.
- Be Flexible: you never know when a trend is about to stop, and you need to be able to stop manufacturing production when the trend stops.
- Be First: if you’re too cautious, you may be too late.
- Follow Your Gut: follow your instinct, even if friends and family don’t understand your vision.
The Entrepreneur article has couple of interesting stories about entrpreneurs that saw a trend and siezed the day, including one about Raising A Racquet, a company that makes atheletic maternity clothes.
Can we solve the #1 Business problem people have today? Yes -- and the answer is simple...
The coffee vending business is your opportunity to cash in on the 30 billion dollar coffee industry.
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!
Sell our revolutionary online ordering products to businesses under your own brand...
Mobile commerce, Over 95% of business do not have a mobile app.
Coaching is a high-margin business where you can utilize your sales and/or business experience.
ActionCOACH Business Coaches make a difference and create wealth for all parties involved...
Amazing opportunity for only $500 in an industry that is prime for sales.
Lia Sophia products have become a benchmark in quality and design for other companies...
PromoSlam has a mission to develop real solutions for individuals and families