Jill Konrath: “Some people just seem to be right at home when they’re at a networking function. They chat effortlessly with strangers and create new relationships with ease. Not me. Much as I’d like to see myself as suave and debonair, I’m really a bit of an introvert. I’ve had to learn these social graces. Over the years, I discovered that asking questions is the key to success in these people-filled situations.”
Jill’s questions are just the thing if you’re an introverted wallflower like me:
- How did you get your start in this business?
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- What separates your company from your competition?
- What advice would you give someone just getting started in your business?
- What one thing would you do with your business if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- Over the years, what significant changes have you seen take place in your profession?
- What do you see as the coming trends in your business?
- Describe the strangest (or funniest) incident you’ve ever experienced in your business.
- What ways have you found to be most effective for promoting your business?
- What one sentence would you like people to use in describing the way you do business?