1. If someone at your company has an idea that may be patentable, act quickly. You can lose rights by disclosing the idea publicly or by offering it for sale before filing for a patent application. This type of disclosure can even occur before you make any engineering drawings or working models.
2. Try to keep records that help establish the novelty of the invention and the date of conception. This evidence may be important at a later date — especially if there is any delay in filing for patent protection.
3. Before you retain a patent attorney, bone up on the subject — Read the book Patents and How to Get One. It is very short and is a great book to read on your next business trip.
4. Retain a patent attorney to discuss your issues, to help you decide whether to file any patent applications, and then to help with the preparation and prosecution of the patent applications. Even if you are only filing a single patent application, the relationship with your patent attorney will likely last many years. Thus, it is important to find a patent attorney and law firm that you can trust and that are comfortable with. Get references.
5. When thinking about your potential inventions, remember that you can obtain patents on devices as well as methods. Methods, for example, may include methods of manufacturing an item, methods of doing business, methods of using a device, and process flow methods that describe the flow of data in a piece of software. (Merely a few examples.)
via Bizz Bang Buzz.
The coffee vending business is your opportunity to cash in on the 30 billion dollar coffee industry.
Can we solve the #1 Business problem people have today? Yes -- and the answer is simple...
Earn recurring monthly payments selling high-value mobile websites and apps to lucrative clients...
Amazing opportunity for only $500 in an industry that is prime for sales.
ActionCOACH Business Coaches make a difference and create wealth for all parties involved...
Mobile commerce, Over 95% of business do not have a mobile app.
Jamberry Nails signature product, Jamberry Nail Shields, which are essentially stick-on nail art
Own your city's local deals website and app with multiple revenue streams.