Shattering the 7 Myths of Student Entrepreneurship
By Dane Carlson on February 7, 2005 in Ideas
- I don’t have enough money – Many of America’s largest corporations started on a shoestring budget out of somebody’s garage.
- I don’t have enough time – Many of America’s largest corporations were started in people’s spare time.
- I’m not smart enough – Says who? SATs and grades have very little correlation to people’s potential to be successful entrepreneurs.
- I’m not creative so I can’t come up with good ideas – There are many books in the library or book store with low-cost business ideas.
- I can’t because the economy is bad – Many of the most successful corporations were started during recessions.
- I don’t have enough experience – Microsoft, Dell, Kinkos, and Yahoo are just a few of the many successful companies started by people with no business experience.
- I can’t because I’m afraid of failing – According to most statistics, the majority of businesses fail financially after the first few years.
Business Opportunities Weblog editor and publisher Dane Carlson
lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, just 15 miles from Yosemite National Park. He accidentally became a professional blogger in 2001
. He has added 12,203 posts to the site.
Related Businesses in the Directory