Naming a business is a lot like laying the cornerstone of a building. Once it’s in place, the entire foundation and structure is aligned to that original stone. If it’s off, even just a bit, the rest of the building is off, and the misalignment becomes amplified… To help you get off to a good start, read on to discover the top 8 mistakes I’ve found people make when it comes to choosing a name for their business:
- Getting the â€œcommitteeâ€? involved in your decision.
- Employing the â€œtrain wreckâ€? method of creating a name.
- Using words so plain theyâ€™ll never stand out in a crowd.
- Taking the atlas approach and using a map to name your company.
- Turning your name into a clichÃ©.
- Making your business name so obscure, customers will never know what it means.
- Taking the Campbellâ€™s soup approach to selecting a name.
- Choosing the wrong name and then refusing to change it.
via David Lorenzo.
|This Human Dishwasher Can Wash 18,000 Dishes Per Hour|
|Your Teachers Never Had A Whiteboard This Amazing|
|I Want To Take a Dip in This Amazing Technology|
|You Committed Three Felonies Before Breakfast Today|
|Want to be a Skittles Millionaire?|
|How to Sell a Goat with a Story|
|The New Milkman: Coffee Delivered to Your Door|
|All Startups Want VC, But Everyone Already Has Friends and Family|
|Before You Struggle to Put Up Your Christmas Tree, Watch This|
|Is That Drink a Soda, a Pop or a Coke?|