Entrepreneurship Merit Badge
By Dane Carlson on May 1, 2006 in Ideas
Boy Scouts today don’t just learn about camping, canoeing and pioneering. Since 1997 Boy Scouts in the US can also earn an Entrepreneurship merit badge:
- Do TWO of the following:
- Sketch a prototype of your good or write a description of your service.
- Create the prototype. List all of the materials you used to make your prototype. Calculate the cost of all the materials and labor to compute the total cost of making your prototype.
- Design a promotional poster or flier for your good or service.
- Project (estimate) your sales through the first three months of operation. Calculate the profit you expect to make.
- When you believe that your business idea is feasible, start your own business. Show evidence that you started your business (sales receipts, for example, or photos of the good). Report to your counselor the results of your venture.
Business Opportunities Weblog editor and publisher Dane Carlson
lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, just 15 miles from Yosemite National Park. He accidentally became a professional blogger in 2001
. He has added 12,203 posts to the site.
Related Businesses in the Directory