International borders used to be the biggest barrier to entry for Americans interested in starting a business overseas. But today, as more nations ease trade regulations and restrictions on foreign investment, borders are more like invitations.
Business 2.0 Magazine enlisted a team of top reporters to find out what, and where, the most intriguing new business opportunities are today. They returned with a dozen stories that describe lucrative ventures in unlikely places.
1. Build cheap Wi-Fi networks for Brazilian resorts.
2. Become a biodiesel producer in Argentina.
3. Create an ad network for India’s mobile content developers.
4. Launch an exclusive social network for Russian millionaires.
5. Open an American-style restaurant in one of China’s fast-growing cities.
6. Remodel homes for China’s burgeoning middle class.
7. Flip mining claims in Bolivia.
8. Export the planet’s next great wines from Greece.
9. Import fine wines to upscale restaurants in India.
10. Export gourmet coffee from Rwanda.
11. Become a social entrepreneur in South Africa.
12. Be among the first to invest in the new Libya.
Photo by apidim.
|How to Embed Your Online Store Directly Inside Your Viral Videos|
|100 People you Should Follow on Twitter in 2014|
|How the heck does the stock exchange work, anyway?|
|This Video Will Make You Wish You Were an Entrepreneur in the 1980s|
|The Chinese Train That Never Stops|
|Even the Shopping Cart Needed Marketing|
|Entrepreneurs Take Too Many Showers|
|Science is Cool, Even the Science of Christmas Trees|
|3D Print Your Unborn Baby|
|How to Attract Better Clients|