At invention contests, like Everyday Edisons and American Inventor, hopeful inventors are asked to bring their product ideas and inventions in to compete for a shot at winning the grand prize — having their idea successfully commercialized with royalties.
Here’s what you need to consider before deciding to enter:
1. Do a simple online search using any one of the search engines to see if the idea is already in the public domain as an announcement, product, or patent.
2. Do a patent search for prior art using the USPTO.gov site.
3. Investigate the company running the contest.
4. Make sure that you understand the legal aspects of entering the contest by having a lawyer review and comment on the contest’s contract.
5. Be prepared to use the presentation time to briefly identify exactly what the idea, invention or product is and what it does – no selling or scenario is necessary.
6. Prepare presentation materials or prototypes.
7. Practice and time your presentation.
8. Practice answering questions about your idea.
9. Be prepared to deal with winning or losing.
10. Contact an inventors’ support group in your area and learn the secrets of successful product development.
Photo by brokenarts .
Business owners don’t have the time or know-how to manage their own social media campaigns, yet they know they need to. Start your own business managing social media for local businesses – we provide the website & all the training you will need. Do you enjoy Facebook & Twitter? Why not make a hefty residual […]
Commercial Capital Training
Welcome to Commercial Capital Training Group Own Your Own Finance Business By Completing Our Comprehensive Commercial Loan Broker Training Program Commercial Capital Training Group, LLC 90 State St. Suite #1500 Albany, NY 12207 Commercial Capital Training Group has developed a one-of-a-kind commercial loan broker training program that allows you to own a commercial finance company. With […]
Kona Ice is ranked the #1 New Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine and rated the highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by TWO separate agencies! Here at Kona Ice, we don’t think it’s luck at all. It’s the combination of a fresh concept, strong corporate support with a vision, and a desire to make the world a better place. So […]