At invention contests, like Everyday Edisons and American Inventor, hopeful inventors are asked to bring their product ideas and inventions in to compete for a shot at winning the grand prize — having their idea successfully commercialized with royalties.
Here’s what you need to consider before deciding to enter:
1. Do a simple online search using any one of the search engines to see if the idea is already in the public domain as an announcement, product, or patent.
2. Do a patent search for prior art using the USPTO.gov site.
3. Investigate the company running the contest.
4. Make sure that you understand the legal aspects of entering the contest by having a lawyer review and comment on the contest’s contract.
5. Be prepared to use the presentation time to briefly identify exactly what the idea, invention or product is and what it does – no selling or scenario is necessary.
6. Prepare presentation materials or prototypes.
7. Practice and time your presentation.
8. Practice answering questions about your idea.
9. Be prepared to deal with winning or losing.
10. Contact an inventors’ support group in your area and learn the secrets of successful product development.
Photo by brokenarts .
Can we solve the #1 Business problem people have today? Yes -- and the answer is simple...
The coffee vending business is your opportunity to cash in on the 30 billion dollar coffee industry.
Thin Energy is looking for a limited number of motivated business minded people...
Jamberry Nails signature product, Jamberry Nail Shields, which are essentially stick-on nail art
World's largest co-ed fitness franchise, Anytime Fitness can leverage its tried and true...
ActionCOACH Business Coaches make a difference and create wealth for all parties involved...
HUMAN stands for "Helping Unite Mankind And Nutrition" and we started the Healthy Vending Industry back in 2003
Coaching is a high-margin business where you can utilize your sales and/or business experience.
Mobile commerce, Over 95% of business do not have a mobile app.
Earn recurring monthly payments selling high-value mobile websites and apps to lucrative clients...