At invention contests, like Everyday Edisons and American Inventor, hopeful inventors are asked to bring their product ideas and inventions in to compete for a shot at winning the grand prize — having their idea successfully commercialized with royalties.
Here’s what you need to consider before deciding to enter:
1. Do a simple online search using any one of the search engines to see if the idea is already in the public domain as an announcement, product, or patent.
2. Do a patent search for prior art using the USPTO.gov site.
3. Investigate the company running the contest.
4. Make sure that you understand the legal aspects of entering the contest by having a lawyer review and comment on the contest’s contract.
5. Be prepared to use the presentation time to briefly identify exactly what the idea, invention or product is and what it does – no selling or scenario is necessary.
6. Prepare presentation materials or prototypes.
7. Practice and time your presentation.
8. Practice answering questions about your idea.
9. Be prepared to deal with winning or losing.
10. Contact an inventors’ support group in your area and learn the secrets of successful product development.
Photo by brokenarts .
Dunkin Donuts – How to open a Franchise
How to open a Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise In case you hadn’t noticed, Dunkin Donuts is on fire lately. They are opening stores it seems everywhere and delivering up some of the best tasting donuts and coffee in the world. Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. […]
e² Young Engineers
Build Your Tomorrow. Today! CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE Background: We are e² Young Engineers Young Engineers enrichment programs combine education + entertainment = edutainment. We created a variety of different programs that can be used to teach science, technology, engineering, math (STEM). Children joining our educational community can learn and enjoy arithmetic, physics, […]
Motiply Mobile App Business
Make Money – Start a MOBILE APP Business Mobile websites are hot and in demand like never before thanks to the explosion of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Businesses are paying BIG money for mobile website and app design and now YOU can get a piece of the action! The With our training […]