If you’re in sales––or you need to visit clients or customers on a regular basis––you probably spend a lot of time in your vehicle. You may have even joked about putting your office in your car or van.
With the cost of doing business along with gas prices steadily rising, equipping your vehicle with some sort of office equipment to avoid shuttling back and forth to the office is a practical move.
It does not have to be costly to equip your vehicle for its new life as an office; you probably already own the mobile technology and gear to make the leap. But before you throw your laptop and a box of files into your vehicle, follow these tips to make the transition to a rolling office a smooth ride:
1. Make sure your vehicle is mobile-office friendly.
2. Check with your insurance carrier.
3. Have the right equipment.
4. Get organized.
5. Make sure your vehicle is secure.
6. Don’t work and drive at the same time!
Photo by Katie James.