Let’s Talk Franchising:
New Yearâ€™s has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year.
Itâ€™s a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes. Itâ€™s also a good time for franchisors to take a look at their operations set goals for the upcoming year. One thing that separates the ‘great’ franchisors from the ‘also-rans’ is that the ‘great’ franchisors are always looking to improve themselves.
Here are my top ten New Years Resolutions for a ‘great’ franchisor:
1. Improve customer service for the entire organization;
2. Improve communications with the franchisees;
3. Improve the ‘bottom line’ for franchisees;
4. Improve and enhance marketing programs for unit operations;
5. Improve the financial strength of our operations;
6. Offer more direct training to the existing franchisees and to our employees;
7. Provide more real estate and construction assistance;
8. Improve the initial training for incoming franchisees;
9. Enhance financing assistance;
10. Spend more time with the franchisees.