Your customers are getting tired of wasting their time trying to contact you. When a call or an inquiry come in, you have an opportunity to solve a problem, and address a perception issue. The way your customer service team handles inquiries can either make or break a relationship with your customers.
Here are 5 things you should never tell a customer:
1. A lie — this may seem an obvious one. Depicting your products and services as the right ones, when you know they aren’t is lying.
2. It’s the fault of “xâ€? department — Assigning blame laterally will diminish the company reputation and brand in your customer’s eyes and reflect poorly on your credibility and professionalism.
3. I disagree with you — Getting friendly with the customer has its limits. This is not a chat among buddies, it is a professional conversation and you should treat it as such.
4. I don’t know what to do about that — Demonstrating or giving the perception that you are not knowledgeable about the product or service that is the subject of the inquiry can backfire.
5. It’s your fault — Blaming the customer for improper use of a product or lack of understanding of a service will take you directly to the wrong side of the conversation. Remember that it is your job to provide support.
Photo by Ray7775.
What could be better than earning up to 100% commission on the sales of exciting cruise and destination vacation packages?
Start a local Social Media and online reputation business. No experienced needed! Only $99 to get started.
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!
Earn recurring monthly payments selling mobile websites and apps to local businesses.
Amazing opportunity for only $500 in an industry that is prime for sales.