The tornado that leveled the Kansas town of Greensburg is a reminder that disaster can hit at any time, threatening any small business in the way. So, small-business consultant SCORE’s new advice on preparing for disaster is especially timely.
1. List any emergency your business could possibly experience. Include internal, external, natural, man-made and product or personnel issues. Your plan needs to be general enough to cover all of these categories, yet specific enough to provide guidelines for each.
2. Develop a disaster plan. This should include phone numbers and e-mail addresses of all employees; bank, insurance and leasing information; your customer information; back-up data; and any information vital for running your business.
3. Familiarize staff with the plan. Share the disaster plan with business partners and employees, and make sure they know their role in an emergency.
4. Make copies of the plan. Store a copy that is easily accessible at your business, as well as at least one copy elsewhere. If something happens at your business location, you need to be able to access your plan off-site.
5. Keep your plan up-to-date. When any changes occur, such as account numbers or addresses, make the changes to your disaster plan. Review your plan periodically to make sure it remains viable and current.
Photo by fas.org.
The time is NOW to join the ONLY all-encompassing Vacation Franchise We don’t just PLAN CRUISES… We Plan DREAM VACATIONS A Powerhouse in the Travel Industry – As part of World Travel Holdings, we’re the world’s largest cruise agency. Gain unrivaled buying power helping you stand out from the competition. We’re in the TOP […]
e² Young Engineers
Build Your Tomorrow. Today! CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE Background: We are e² Young Engineers Young Engineers enrichment programs combine education + entertainment = edutainment. We created a variety of different programs that can be used to teach science, technology, engineering, math (STEM). Children joining our educational community can learn and enjoy arithmetic, physics, […]
Make Money – Start a MOBILE APP Business Mobile websites are hot and in demand like never before thanks to the explosion of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Businesses are paying BIG money for mobile website and app design and now YOU can get a piece of the action! The With our training […]
Personal Touch Products
Create Amazing Gifts Your Customers Will Love! Easy • Fast • Enormous Profits We have been around 28+ years for one reason; our concept is fast, simple and offers our clients a great way to make money. The reality is, everyone loves personalized products. But we keep our concept so easy its crazy. All you […]
Business owners don’t have the time or know-how to manage their own social media campaigns, yet they know they need to. Start your own business managing social media for local businesses – we provide the website & all the training you will need. Do you enjoy Facebook & Twitter? Why not make a hefty residual […]