Hi! I'm Dane Carlson, and welcome to the Business Opportunities Weblog. I've been publishing this website, by myself, and sometimes with the help of others for over twelve years now. You'll notice two things about this site right away:
1. Stay away from invention marketing companies that advertise on radio and late night TV.
2. Keep good records about your idea . . . some day they may be the back up you need to prove YOUR idea is YOURS!
3. Go to a Patent Depository Library and do your own patent search. If you find that your invention is already patented, there’s no need to go to a patent attorney.
4. Build a model. No need to get fancy at first. . . cardboard, white glue, balsa wood, off-the shelf parts.
5. Have your invention evaluated by a non-biased professional (even if your Mom’s in the business, go to someone else!)
For more details and five more commandments, go here.
Photo by USPTO.