Small companies can’t afford not to run a tight ship. Even small costs or time drains can make the difference between staying afloat and sinking.
1. Errors. Making mistakes or having a defective product just means you have to repeat a process.
2. Overprocessing. This means doing something of no importance to the customer, such as having a half-dozen people review an application.
3. Overproducing. This is doing something before a customer wants it done.
4. Extra inventory. One company ordered photocopier paper in bulk, thinking it was getting a good deal. Then the business had to rent storage space because there wasn’t room for it all on site.
5. Transportation. Shuffling files around the office from one desk to another may not add much for customers except wasted time.
6. Motion. Walking a long distance just to get to a photocopier can rack up minutes that employees could better use doing something else.
7. Waiting. Customers often don’t care how nice a waiting room is. They would rather not have to wait at all.
Photo by MSDesigns.
What could be better than earning up to 100% commission on the sales of exciting cruise and destination vacation packages?
Make residual income by providing online page one organic results that every small business needs to grow.
Earn recurring monthly payments selling mobile websites and apps to local businesses.
Be a part of the number one growth industry while securing your future with residual income.
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!
Start a local Social Media and online reputation business. No experienced needed! Only $99 to get started.