Look around and you’ll notice many college interns at businesses – especially big corporations – this summer. There’s a good reason: the competition to hire quality college graduates is intense, and one way to recruit future employees is by hiring them as interns while still in school.
Even for small businesses and companies not looking for future employees, there are many good reasons to hire college interns – whether for the summer or during the school year. But hiring interns is not for every business.
When thinking about hiring summer interns for your business, consider:
- Pay: Most people believe, wrongly, that interns are not paid. Not true. Unless interns receive academic credit for working for you, which they must arrange with their college beforehand, or yours is a non-profit agency, interns are covered by regular employment laws.
- Job responsibilities: Interns are there to learn – not just to do filing or be a source of cheap labor. If you’re looking for inexpensive workers for menial work, advertise your opening as a temporary job, not an internship.
- Supervision: Interns take time. Even if you hire college juniors or seniors, they’re still much less experienced than others on your staff.
- Hiring: Many students start looking for summer internships in April or May though you can still find some as late as June, even July.
- Hire two or more: Hey, to students, even the 31-year-old on my staff is old. It’s a better experience for them if they have other students to relate to.
Photo by MSDesigns.
The time is NOW to join the ONLY all-encompassing Vacation Franchise We don’t just PLAN CRUISES… We Plan DREAM VACATIONS A Powerhouse in the Travel Industry – As part of World Travel Holdings, we’re the world’s largest cruise agency. Gain unrivaled buying power helping you stand out from the competition. We’re in the TOP […]
e² Young Engineers
Build Your Tomorrow. Today! CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE Background: We are e² Young Engineers Young Engineers enrichment programs combine education + entertainment = edutainment. We created a variety of different programs that can be used to teach science, technology, engineering, math (STEM). Children joining our educational community can learn and enjoy arithmetic, physics, […]
Make Money – Start a MOBILE APP Business Mobile websites are hot and in demand like never before thanks to the explosion of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Businesses are paying BIG money for mobile website and app design and now YOU can get a piece of the action! The With our training […]
Personal Touch Products
Create Amazing Gifts Your Customers Will Love! Easy • Fast • Enormous Profits We have been around 28+ years for one reason; our concept is fast, simple and offers our clients a great way to make money. The reality is, everyone loves personalized products. But we keep our concept so easy its crazy. All you […]
Business owners don’t have the time or know-how to manage their own social media campaigns, yet they know they need to. Start your own business managing social media for local businesses – we provide the website & all the training you will need. Do you enjoy Facebook & Twitter? Why not make a hefty residual […]