I think anyone can benefit from some quiet time alone. But this is especially true for the mom entrepreneur. When I meet mommy moguls, I find that they’re running full speed from the time the sun comes up until they crash on the pillow very late at night. They unanimously say their environments are noisy and chaotic. While this is normal, it’s also unfortunate since quieting the mind can be very beneficial.
My day is admittedly very busy. I am raising two kids, running a national company, and writing for magazines and books. However, I absolutely schedule quiet time for myself regularly. It’s during my moments of quiet that everything comes in to place. Solutions seem to rise to the surface. Peace comes over my body. And I renew my energy to keep up with the rest. When your day already feels packed, how do you find the time for this?
- Wake up earlier. Wake up before your family and sit with no technology–TV, radio, computer, phone–and have a cup of tea. Do nothing but meditate on what you want to get out of your day.
- Take a bath. Nothing gives me instant relaxation like a bath. About once a week, I light some candles and dip into the tub after my kids go to bed. I do nothing but reflect.
- Go for a walk or run. My mind fills with ideas as I get lost in the workout. Have a notepad ready at the end.
- Enjoy your drive. When going for a drive without kids in the car, turn everything off. That means no phone or radio. You’ll find that these moments of solitude can also bring great regeneration.
- Meditate. Find a few moments throughout the week to breathe and let your stresses float away. When you meditate, your thinking mind becomes quiet.
Commercial Capital Training
Welcome to Commercial Capital Training Group Own Your Own Finance Business By Completing Our Comprehensive Commercial Loan Broker Training Program Commercial Capital Training Group, LLC 90 State St. Suite #1500 Albany, NY 12207 Commercial Capital Training Group has developed a one-of-a-kind commercial loan broker training program that allows you to own a commercial finance company. With […]
e² Young Engineers
If you love children, you are going to love this business! Our programs teach science, technology, engineering and math to children and we have fun! Background: We are e² Young Engineers Young Engineers enrichment programs combine education + entertainment = edutainment. We created a variety of different programs that can be used to teach science, technology, […]
Open A Boutique
I Will Teach you How to Open a Boutique Have you always wanted to share in the excitement of owning your own clothing, accessory, gift, children’s, maternity, bridal or shoe boutique – either online or brick and mortar? Are you crazy about fashion, motivated and do you want to learn what it takes to get […]
Cell Routes USA
We Are Cell Routes USA & we are taking the world by storm!! Are you aware that today, 99% of people ages 14-80 have a cell phone? And what do you need all the time when you have a cell phone?? Accessories!! Our BOLD, BRIGHT & HIGHLY ACCESSIBLE Displays literally sell the product for you. […]
Owner Financing is a Multi-Billion Dollar Untapped Market and it occurs in about 10% of all home sales in the U.S., and it’s growing in popularity every day. Our company has been in business since 1997 and is one of the largest buyers of Owner Financed Real Estate Notes in the country. We have created […]