While there are still many who love Netvibes, iGoogle has its share of fans in the start page world. And with more than 25,000 gadgets available for iGoogle, the array of choices is sometimes overwhelming.
Choose wisely, and iGoogle can be a great tool for productive web work of any kind.
1. Today list. This isn’t actually a specific gadget, but an idea for how to use one. Choose from among the many to-do list gadgets available (whichever works best for you) and call it your “Today list”.
2. iReminder. This is an insanely useful gadget from Todoist (maker of the useful to-do list service) that allows you to set reminders that can be sent to your mobile device, email or Twitter.
3. Timesheet recorder. Freelancers and independent contractors need an easy way to keep track of their time. What easier way than through an iGoogle gadget?
4. Google Analytics. If you have a blog or website, you like to keep track of your stats. You know you do. Instead of opening Analytics every 5 minutes, just leave the gadget on your home page.
5. Google services. If you’re like me and use a lot of Google services, get their gadgets (or put them in the compound gadget below): Gmail, Google Reader, GCal, Google Docs, Google Talk. It’s extremely useful to have them all in one place.
For 10 more productivity gadgets, go here.
Photo by Google.