ReadWriteWeb asked their readers to name their favorite Mobile web app. There were apps that clearly stood out, with multiple mentions.
1. Gmail Java app for mobile phone. Java-based version of Gmail for mobile, which features IMAP sync, attachment viewing. Phrases that were associated with Gmail for mobile by our readers included: “just works”, “simplicity”, “functional”, “useful”, “a joy to use”.
2. Google Maps for Mobile. This too is a Java app, which Google released in December 2006. There is also a full-featured version, including GPS Integration, which can be used on Windows Mobile PocketPCs and smartphones. According to our readers, utility is the key factor for this app.
3. Opera Mini. Not strictly speaking a web app, but still it’s something a lot of people want to download to use as their mobile web browser. Also the recent 4.0 release impressed a few of our commenters. The new features in Opera Mini 4 include quicker scrolling, auto-sizing and faster page rendering. It seems to be the mobile web browser of choice for our readers – odd though that Safari on iPhone got no mentions?!
4. Fring. A free mobile VoIP software, that lets you connect to all your IM services and talk for free when connected to 3G or Wi-Fi.
5. Shozu. Enables you to send your videos and photos from your phone to the Web – e.g. your Flickr account, YouTube, Facebook.
Photo by ReadWriteWeb.
Business owners don’t have the time or know-how to manage their own social media campaigns, yet they know they need to. Start your own business managing social media for local businesses – we provide the website & all the training you will need. Do you enjoy Facebook & Twitter? Why not make a hefty residual […]
Commercial Capital Training
Welcome to Commercial Capital Training Group Own Your Own Finance Business By Completing Our Comprehensive Commercial Loan Broker Training Program Commercial Capital Training Group, LLC 90 State St. Suite #1500 Albany, NY 12207 Commercial Capital Training Group has developed a one-of-a-kind commercial loan broker training program that allows you to own a commercial finance company. With […]
Kona Ice is ranked the #1 New Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine and rated the highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by TWO separate agencies! Here at Kona Ice, we don’t think it’s luck at all. It’s the combination of a fresh concept, strong corporate support with a vision, and a desire to make the world a better place. So […]