The best new retail ideas spotted in the last 12 months—smart concepts that will continue to provide entrepreneurs with plenty of opportunities in 2009.
1. Filippa K — Swedish fashion brand launches its own secondhand store
2. Gerbola Vin — Wine selling & storytelling
3. Fashionology LA — Retailer helps tweens make their own clothes
4. Chocri — Custom-made chocolate bars
5. HOJO — Health and wellness shop focuses on seniors
6. Foodzie — An Etsy for artisanal food
7. Lush — Lush brings back discontinued products on demand
8. Naked Wines — Online farmers’ market for small wine producers
9. BLANKbottle — Winery lets customers set prices
10. Myfab — Furniture shopping with the crowds
Photo by ba1969.