photo credit: TroyMason
Healthy World Environmental is offering a turnkey moisture inspection and mold remediation business opportunity.
I’m not a mold expert, so I’ll defer to the EPA’s explanation of indoor mold:
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing. This brochure provides a brief overview; it does not describe all potential health effects related to mold exposure. For more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.
It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
The mold remediation industry has traditionally relied on poisonous, chemically based, nonspecific biocides to kill mold in homes and commercial buildings. Tearing out anything with mold on it is common. The treatment is usually limited to those areas of the building with visible mold growths. This process is time consuming, utilizes hazardous materials and leaves behind traces of toxic chemicals and allergenic dead mold. These remnants are then removed with elbow grease and costly air scrubbers and are often unsuccessful.
Healthy World Environmental’s process uses a different approach that is safe for the environment. They use naturally occurring, non-toxic enzymes that dissolve the mold and spore cells. You can apply their enzyme to the entire property without having to remove building structure or the contents. By treating the entire indoor space, you can remove the mold spores from the entire property and not just the areas with visible mold. The enzymes completely dissolve all of the dead mold and spores, so when the process is complete there is nothing left to cause any allergic reactions.
In part two of this series, we’ll look at recent legislation that has greatly increases the demand for this business.
|A Day in the Life of a Mortician|
|50 Years, 50 Toys|
|Chicago Shuts Down Innovative Business|
|They Harvest Christmas Trees By Helicopter?|
|UnBrella: Turning the Umbrella Upside Down|
|How to Embed Your Online Store Directly Inside Your Viral Videos|
|100 People you Should Follow on Twitter in 2014|
|How the heck does the stock exchange work, anyway?|
|This Video Will Make You Wish You Were an Entrepreneur in the 1980s|
|The Chinese Train That Never Stops|