Wading through the morass of information on green business grant programs can be challenging, particularly for small businesses that don’t have the expertise or staff to manage grant writing.
1. Call your utility company and ask about the grants and rebates they offer.
2. Scour the web for grants, rebates and other incentive programs related to your project goals.
3. Sign up for listservs and email alerts for sites from which you want updates on new programs and deadlines.
4. Make sure your idea or project closely matches what the grant is trying to accomplish.
5. Have a management team in place to run the project.
6. Read the entire grant application before you start and do exactly what it says.
7. Don’t give up.
Photo by agthabrown.