photo credit: myuibeÂ
Ask most executives and marketers what sales people need to sell in this economy and they will say, “more leads.” So their marketing and lead generation focuses on getting MORE leads to their sales team.
The problem with simply creating more leads for your sales team is that they may not necessarily be up to par. They may be a long list of “dead” leads that will only frustrate your sales team. Below are some ideas on generating high quality leads that they will love you for.
- Develop a ULD (universal lead definition) that implies both marketing and sales combined with each other.
- Obtain information from sales on targeted companies and contacts, as suggested on B2B Lead Generation Blog.
- Put your sales and marketing data into CRM for measuring success purposes.
- Take into consideration your sales teams input on creating more high quality leads.
- Rigorously qualify ALL leads against your ULD and pass only qualified leads to your sales team.