photo credit: pfala
Success in a networking group comes when the rest of the group members trust you enough to open up their best referrals to you. Unless they’ve seen your work, you have to earn that trust by demonstrating your professionalism to them. Since founding BNI almost 25 years ago, I’ve seen how people truly succeeded in networks and I’ve seen how people totally waste their time in them.
- Don’t waste your time and the time of your readers by posting all of your complaints about the other networkers. No one wants to hear about them.
- Always follow up immediately on any referral that anyone gives you.
- Don’t just concentrate on the followers and guests that you already have, invite more to your site every chance you get.
- Never take a phone call while you are in a meeting, it’s rude, obnoxious and it bothers EVERYONE in that meeting.
- When doing presentations don’t just wing it, make sure you are prepared and your presentation is the best it can be.
Originally posted by Jaclyn Wells on October 20, 2009 in Ideas.
Share on Facebook