ReadWriteWeb are chilled and saddened by the ghosts of the past year – the apps that should have been, the startups that failed to launch, the brilliant ideas that were throttled, the great minds that were fired, the tech heroes that committed tragic gaffes.
But some failures were so monumental that they require specific enumeration and commentary. Here are the 10 worst tech failures of 2009.
1. Google Wave Sucked
2. The TabletPads Went to the Deadpool
3. Powerset Resurfaced as Bing
4. Twitter Failed to Innovate
5. The Great Firewall of China Drama Continued and Worsened
6. Microsoft Dumped Don Dodge
7. Spotify Didn’t Launch in the US… Yet
8. The Web 1.0 Comeback Campaigns Were Embarrassing to Watch
9. Oracle Acquired MySQL
10. LeapFish Made a God-Awful Promotional Video
Photo by jaylopez.
Be a part of the number one growth industry while securing your future with residual income.
Start a local Social Media and online reputation business. No experienced needed! Only $99 to get started.
Amazing opportunity for only $500 in an industry that is prime for sales.
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!
Earn recurring monthly payments selling mobile websites and apps to local businesses.
What could be better than earning up to 100% commission on the sales of exciting cruise and destination vacation packages?