ReadWriteWeb are chilled and saddened by the ghosts of the past year – the apps that should have been, the startups that failed to launch, the brilliant ideas that were throttled, the great minds that were fired, the tech heroes that committed tragic gaffes.
But some failures were so monumental that they require specific enumeration and commentary. Here are the 10 worst tech failures of 2009.
1. Google Wave Sucked
2. The TabletPads Went to the Deadpool
3. Powerset Resurfaced as Bing
4. Twitter Failed to Innovate
5. The Great Firewall of China Drama Continued and Worsened
6. Microsoft Dumped Don Dodge
7. Spotify Didn’t Launch in the US… Yet
8. The Web 1.0 Comeback Campaigns Were Embarrassing to Watch
9. Oracle Acquired MySQL
10. LeapFish Made a God-Awful Promotional Video
Photo by jaylopez.
Be a part of the number one growth industry while securing your future with residual income.
Earn recurring monthly payments selling mobile websites and apps to local businesses.
Unlimited income while helping others succeed. Only for the educated and qualified entrepreneur.
The coffee vending business is your opportunity to cash in on the 30 billion dollar coffee industry.
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!
Our one-of-a-kind training program allows you to successfully enter the lucrative world of commercial financing.