Why are entrepreneurs starting new businesses in record numbers? The first chapter of Clate Mask’s new book, Conquer the Chaos, makes the case we’re in an “Entrepreneurial Revolution” and it’s happening due to five big reasons.
1. Corporate disillusionment. Downsizing, outsourcing overseas, pension scandals and general corporate irresponsibility have left employees disillusioned and embittered.
2. A technology power shift. The Internet has changed everything. You no longer need a bricks-and-mortar shop on which to hang out your shingle.
3. The promise of overnight success. As aspiring entrepreneurs look around, they see friends, acquaintances, high school rivals and even past (less-savvy?) co-workers making it on their own.
4. An expanding work force. Speaking of those baby boomers, many of them are entering the ranks of entrepreneurship.
5. The recession. This is a biggie that’s been driving a lot of entrepreneurial activity over the last couple years.
Photo by nocaptionneeded.com.
|The Economics of North Dakota’s Oil Boom|
|What is 3D Printing?|
|They Started A Business Around Their Fashionable Dog|
|Sh*t Entrepreneurs Say|
|Unexpected Products by Brands We Trust|
|140+ Pinterest Ideas For Entrepreneurs|
|Watching a T-Shirt Get Made is a Profitable Use of Your Time|
|Building The Better Entrepreneur|
|This Human Dishwasher Can Wash 18,000 Dishes Per Hour|
|Your Teachers Never Had A Whiteboard This Amazing|