Hi! I'm Dane Carlson, and welcome to the Business Opportunities Weblog. I've been publishing this website, by myself, and sometimes with the help of others for over twelve years now. You'll notice two things about this site right away:
Amazon Prime is a membership program on Amazon.com. After joining, members pay an annual fee of about $80, and get free two-day shipping on just about everything Amazon sells. I know that the numbers below are true for me.
Amazon doesn’t disclose details of the Prime program publicly but according to estimates Amazon Prime members:
- Increase their purchases on Amazon from $400 a year to $900 a year after they join. (source)
- Spend 130% more than regular Amazon customers. (source)
- May be responsible for as much as 20% of Amazon’s overall sales in the U.S. (source)
- 82% of Prime members buy on Amazon even if the item is less expensive somewhere else (source)
- 92% of Prime members plan to renew their membership. (source)