School Of Music
By Dane Carlson on October 2, 2012 in Biz Ops / Featured
SchoolOfMusic.com recruits and qualifies music teachers and then provides music lessons in students’ homes, teachers’ home studios, after school programs, and community facilities. They are the largest private employer of music teachers in Indiana, and now they’re expanding their program across the United States and Canada. They are looking for local licensees to help with their proven business model.
photo credit: J. Weissmahr
This turnkey opportunity offers two income streams:
- One is largely passive and consists of promoting SchoolOfMusic.com online locally. For that, you’ll receive e 10% of the lesson revenue generated by teachers in your city with only about 15 minutes of work a day by providing local support and posting information about SchoolOfMusic.com in your community. They will customize, host, and maintain the websites for your city.
- The other involves actively promoting school programs and programs in community facilities.
For SchoolofMusic to grow, they need a local presence in every single community. Their ability to expand is limited by advertising restrictions on Google Maps, Craigslist, Yahoo Local, Local.com, Bing, Yellowpages.com, and other websites that require a local addresses before posting. As a local affiliate, you will be able to advertise for free on these and other local websites while they provide the services necessary for your success.
The opportunity requires an annual investment of $350. They are so confident of your success that they guarantee a refund at the end of the first year if you follow their guidelines and are dissatisfied with the results.
The bottom line is, SchoolOfMusic.com provides you with the opportunity to derive income with a minimal investment of time and money.
photo credit: *L*u*z*a*
Income opportunities for the local licensee include:
- Music Lessons. You will receive 10% of lesson income generated in your city. Most music students take lessons for a few years so the residual income would be continuous.
- Retail. They will include Google Adsense, affiliate programs, and/or advertising for local businesses in your section of the SchoolOfMusic.com website. In addition to a mall page for your city, ads will be placed on most of the other pages for your city. We expect you to easily earn your annual fee, and more, with advertising.
- Instrument rentals. They currently offer rental instruments through a third party vendor. You will receive the full commission for instruments rented through the local website.
- provide a local address for SchoolOfMusic.com
- place ads consistently in your local community and on online sites
- promote programs to local schools (optional)
- arrange programs in community facilities (optional)
- arranging local recitals (optional, income opportunity)
- other local networking (optional)
- criminal background checks for all teachers
- reference checks for all teachers
- multiple websites for use by the local affiliate
- teacher interviews by a qualified music education placement director
- workmen’s compensation (required in all states for employees and subcontractors)
- a $1,000,000 liability policy (required by most school and community facilities)
- a placement director and student services director available by phone or email six days a week
- billing and collection of tuition fees
- payroll for teachers (twice monthly)
- ongoing advice for existing students and their parents
- toll free numbers
If you like children and music, or just want to start a small business that doesn’t require a large time commitment, SchoolOfMusic.com might be just what you’re looking for. Visit their website, call 800-270-0512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
photo credit: wakalani
Business Opportunities Weblog editor and publisher Dane Carlson
lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, just 15 miles from Yosemite National Park. He accidentally became a professional blogger in 2001
. He has added 12,203 posts to the site.