Did you know that computer keyboards are dirtier than your toilet?
A consumer advocacy group commissioned the tests in which British microbiologist James Francis took a swab to 33 keyboards, a toilet seat and a toilet door handle at the publication’s London office in January.
Francis then tested the swabs to see what nasty germs he managed to pick up. He found that four of the keyboards tested were potential health hazards — and one had levels of germs five times higher than that found on the toilet seat.
Never fear, the Vioguard Self-Sanitizing Keyboard is here.
The Vioguard Self-Sanitizing Keyboard is a computer keyboard that is automatically bathed with germicidal ultraviolet light (UV-C) not in use. UV-C is a well-known disinfectant, and it has been proven capable of killing more than 99.9% harmful microorganisms within seconds.
- Keyboard: 88-key low profile UV-resistant keyboard
- Pointing device: Advanced multitouch trackpad
- Proximity sensor: Infrared, 1-3â€³ range
- Computer connection: USB 1.1 or 2.0 compliant, single connection for keyboard and touchpad
- UVC lamps: 2 x 25W custom T8 germicidal lamps
- Input power: Universal input, 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, power factor corrected
- Power consumption: 80W during disinfection, 3W standby
- Lamp cycle life: 40,000 disinfection cycles
- Mechanism life: 300,000 disinfection cycles
- Disinfection time: 65-95 seconds with factory setting
Pricing is not yet available.