Who didn’t spend hours as a child sending a Slinky down the stairs? The metal toy has entertained kids and adults alike since it hit Gimbels department store shelves in November 1945.
How much do you know about the helical spring toy? Luckily, Answers.com has the facts about everything, including the Slinky.
1. During the Vietnam War, U.S. soldiers used Slinkys as mobile radio antennas.
2. In 1959, composer John Cage created an avant garde work called “Sounds of Venice” that incorporated the sound of an amplified Slinky.
3. Slinky is the Official State Toy of Pennsylvania.
4. Slinky inventor Richard James was a Naval engineer who left his ex-wife to run the company after he became an evangelical missionary in Bolivia.
5. NASA used the springy toy for zero-gravity physics experiments in space.
6. The Slinky song is the longest-running jingle in advertising history.
Photo by POOF-Slinky, Inc..
Can we solve the #1 Business problem people have today? Yes -- and the answer is simple...
The coffee vending business is your opportunity to cash in on the 30 billion dollar coffee industry.
ActionCOACH Business Coaches make a difference and create wealth for all parties involved...
Breathe Legal™ is a unique socially responsible franchise opportunity using alcohol Breathalyzers...
PromoSlam has a mission to develop real solutions for individuals and families
With 2,000 locations open or in development in 15 countries, Snap Fitness is the top choice
Own your city's local deals website and app with multiple revenue streams.
HUMAN stands for "Helping Unite Mankind And Nutrition" and we started the Healthy Vending Industry back in 2003
World's largest co-ed fitness franchise, Anytime Fitness can leverage its tried and true...
Millions of people retire in poverty - but it doesnt have to be this way!