Much well-known business advice is sadly obsolete but can still be found in articles, business books and, not least, in daily use in the workplace. It seems that some companies are still guided by thinking that is sadly out of date – if it was ever true to begin with.
The worst of these old maxims are not only wrong, they’re bad for people and bad for business. Businesses who use them are making their employees unhappy and are harming the bottom line.
- Old maxim #1: Failure is not an option
- Old maxim #2: The customer is always right
- Old maxim #3: Never be satisfied
- Old maxim #4: Nice guys finish last
- Old maxim #5: Grow or die
Photo by Wetsun.