Here are five podcast content and production tips:
1. Keep it short. The ideal length of a podcast is 10 minutes to 20 minutes. If you go more than 25 minutes, you’re outside the average commute or past the average treadmill workout.
2. Don’t drone from a script. Use body language to keep your vocal energy high. Stand up instead of sitting. Gesticulate.
3. Name your podcast title carefully. Pick a name for your podcast that matches your content topic. People are likely to search for a particular subject rather than a brand name.
4. Schedule a calendar. Many podcasting experts say the best frequency is weekly. However, if you’re not sure if you’re up to the work, nor if the audience demand will be there, you probably should start with a slower calendar.
5. Best time of day may be nighttime. Many podcasting enthusiasts dock their iPods overnight and then listen to whatever’s new the next morning.
Photo by Troy McClure….