Unless you’ve been living in a cave for the past few months, you’ve likely heard about the best-selling book, “The Secret,” and how it offers guidance and personal narratives about creating the life you want. The essential lesson of the book is how individuals attract (and create) the life they want through their thoughts, attitudes, and emotions.
Whether you accept the full metaphysical premise of the project or not, the lessons of “The Secret” resonate with knowledge that successful entrepreneurs have understood for decades. So, with a tip of the hat to the creators of “The Secret,” here are some principles designed to guide you in your solo business.
1. Intention rules all. Successful solo entrepreneurs understand that singleness of purpose is a potent force.
2. Clarity is crucial. Be specific in your targets.
3. Seek the joy. Chase passion, not profits.
4. Magnetize your connections. Be the type of person you want to associate with, the type of company you would like as a partner.
5. Take action. Merely thinking about having a successful company is not enough.
6. Expect the best. Expect great things from yourself and your company, and put forth the effort to build the professional foundation to support your aims.
7. Multiply the gratitude. Give thanks for all that you have, for no matter what your situation, there is much to be grateful for.
Photo by Atria Books/Beyond Words.