Fort Saskatchewan Record:
Environmental Health Officer Rick Leyland issued a letter on Dec. 9 ordering the closure after mould was found on various walls of the restaurant and after water was found seeping out beneath the walk-in cooler.
The restaurant cannot reopen until the violations are corrected.
Leyland said Capital Health was notified after mould was discovered during renovations in the building. The closure wasnâ€™t the result of any surprise inspection and didnâ€™t come because of violations in food handling.
â€œThe restaurant was operating well, it was just these structural issues that arose and were only discovered once renovations began,â€ he said.
The contractor performing renovations, Wal-Mart and McDonaldâ€™s cooperatively decided to report the mould to Capital Health when it was discovered, Leyland said.