Five things that every small business owner should do in 2009. Don’t consider it a New Year’s resolution because there’s a whole psychology behind such things. Just do it.
1. Act like a prospective customer and call your company to see how the phone system and receptionist treat you.
2. See if your website has a “Contact Us” section. If it doesn’t, add one. Ensure that it has a street address.
3. Send your company an email asking for customer support and see if someone responds to it.
4. Answer customer support calls or emails (not the one you sent in) for a day.
5. Go out on a sales call with your salespeople and a service call with your service people.
Photo by ba1969.