Today, it is impossible to separate social media from the online world. Facebook reached 350 million users last month — 70% of whom are outside the US — and it accounts for 25% of the Web’s traffic, according to Pew nearly one in five people on the web use Twitter or some other service to check status messages, and 94% of enterprises plan to maintain or increase their investment in enterprise social media tools.
ReadWriteWeb asks, so what will social Web bring next? What will “being connected” mean? What will the next experience be for the 2 two billion people who are connected to the Internet?
1. Social Media Will Become a Single, Cohesive Experience Embedded In Our Activities and Technologies
2. Social Media Innovation Will No Longer Be Limited By Technology
3. Mobile Will Take Center Stage
4. Expect an Intense Battle As People and Companies Look To Own Their Own Content
5. Enterprises Will Shape the Next Generation of What We’ve Called “Social Media”
6. ROI Will Be Measured — and It Will Matter
7. Finally: Real, Cool and Very Bizarre Online-Offline Integration
8. Many “Old” Skills Will Be Needed Again
9. Women Will Rule Social Media
10. Social Media Will Move Into New Domains
Photo by aliceabc.