KLTV:

East Texas authorities have confirmed that the Sonic located at 5611 South Broadway in Tyler is closed.

According to Brenda Elrod with the Smith County Public Health District, health officials inspected the Sonic after a person reported getting sick from a drink bought at the restaurant.

Elrod says the Health Department’s visit resulted in a failed inspection and the Sonic’s permit was suspended.

According to Don Martin with the Tyler Police Department, 18-year-old Keri Mitcham of Tyler reported illness after consuming a slush at the Sonic on Sunday, July 18th.

Tyler Police have confirmed they are conducting an open investigation to determine if any criminal offense occurred.