The United States Patent and Trademark Office and Invent Now will hold a west coast regional conference at Pasadena City College on August 12-13. Senior USPTO officials, successful inventors, including National Inventor Hall of Fame inductee Dr. Gary Michelson, and intellectual property experts will be on hand to provide practical advice and information for novice and seasoned inventors. Teresa Stanek Rea, Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the USPTO will deliver a keynote address at the luncheon on August 12. Mark Hatch, CEO of TechShop and Louis Foreman, Chief Executive of Enventys and producer of Everyday Edisons will deliver keynote addresses for attendees.
A pre-conference workshop on August 11 from 5-7 pm is included in the registration fee. It will cover the basics of the patent process. If you cannot attend, the session on basics will be repeated as a breakout session on August 12.
Space is limited so register early. The registration fee is $120 per person. The fee for seniors and student is $115. The registration fee includes all sessions and presentations, morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, lunch both days and a networking reception on August 12.
If you have questions about the conference please call 571 272 8850.
For information on how to register and to know more about the conferences, speakers and topics, please visit:
Topic list below.
- 35 USC 103 â€“ What is Obvious?
- Advance Claim Drafting
- Advanced Tips for the Seasoned Inventor
- Claim Drafting for Beginners
- Design Patents
- Local Resources In Your Area
- One-on-One with the Experts
- Patent Searching, Navigating the USPTO Web site, and Electronic Filing System (EFS)
- Patents â€“ Whatâ€™s the Process?
- Trademark and Copyright Applications
- Trademark Searching
- Why File a Provisional Application and Invention Promotion Firms
- Working With Your Patent Attorney/Agent