A recent survey of over 40,000 small businesses shares some insight into how we brand our businesses.
Some highlights include:
We Prefer Stories over Statements
- 58% described their businesses at length, and incorporate company values and long-term visions.
- 42% describe their business with one sentence or less.
We Like Short Names
- 56% of company names include only 1 word.
- 33% of company names include 2 words.
- 9% of company names include 3 words.
- only 1% of company names include 4+ words.
We Don’t Want to Look Like Big Companies
- Only 1% of respondents say they wanted their brand to resemble a big brand
You can see the full infographic with all of the report’s details below.