Featured image by Geralt from Pixabay
Offshoring has many benefits, and it has the potential to get your business from zero to hero! Hiring an excellent offshoring team of Software Developers is a perfect way to cut costs and optimize the processes. However, you need to do it the right way. You do not want to do things hastily, because you can spend more money and bring a lot of problems to your company. Here are three mistakes to avoid when using an offshore software development team.
1. Underestimating the Recruitment Process
When working with an offshoring company, you need to look at their recruitment processes. The HR department team must carefully choose the development staff, evaluate their expertise, and cooperate within a team. Your offshoring partner must have a good process of hiring, maintaining, and retaining excellent and talented developers. You can research their clients’ feedback to know what to expect.
If you trust this company with your business, make sure you set your standards and requirements for the professionals you would like to work with.
Your offshoring development team must be, not only bright and talented IT specialists, but also great team players and aligned with your vision, mission, and values.
RELATED ARTICLE: 5 TIPS TO INCREASE YOUR TEAM’S PRODUCTIVITY
How to Ensure a High-Quality Offshoring Team Recruitment?
- Set clear standards and follow through with companies that follow them
- Read the reviews and feedback on your chosen companies on the Internet
- Examine portfolios, case studies, and client testimonials
- Get to know the history of the company and the role of each of the team
- If there are doubts, request the CVs of team members to make sure they are qualified
- Communicate with the HR department of the offshoring company as much as possible and participate actively in the process
- Request information on the tools and the methods the development team is using
- Outdated Software Know-How and Tools
2. Outdated Software Know-How and Tools
On the other hand, you do not want to end up with a great and qualified team of specialists that cannot provide for your project in terms of innovation. IT and development software technologies are evolving very fast. Thus, you need a team that is constantly updating their methods, tools, and knowledge. You do not want to end up with archaic software code. This will not bring value to your company.
On the contrary, you will spend more than you would if you were not offshoring. This is why it is crucial to ensure your team is well equipped with the latest technology and knowledge to provide for your project’s needs. You also need to have a very efficient tool of communication where you can send them documentation and updates and share information effortlessly.
How to Make Sure Your Team Is Updated On the Latest Trends in Terms of Tools and Knowledge?
- Evaluate if your team is using the latest innovations and request them to if it is necessary for the project.
- Establish a solid communication channel where you and your offshoring team of developers can communicate efficiently.
- Make sure the recruited developers have a proactive spirit of innovation and learning, not a lay-back lazy attitude.
- Regularly provide updates to your team regarding the tools they need to fulfill the project. Make sure they are using them.
- Especially at the beginning of the project, work side by side with them to see how the process is going.
RELATED ARTICLE: COMMON HR TERMS ALL BUSINESS OWNERS SHOULD KNOW
3. Focusing On Saving Money, You End Up Spending More Money
If you focus excessively on saving a lot of money, you can fall into low-quality offshoring. This will cost you more in the long run as under-qualified staff and deficient company processes are not fun. So, make up your mind that you will save money for sure with offshoring, but you won’t get high-quality developers working for you for pennies.
You need to make an initial investment in the team’s recruitment, training, and establishment. This will pay off as time goes by. As the common saying goes, “I am not that rich to buy cheap things” you need to learn to invest your money wisely where you will have the greatest return on investment. Not to throw it out of the window for a cheap offshoring partnership that will lead you to nowhere.
How to Make Sure You Are Not Falling into Cheap, Low-Quality Offshoring?
- Do thorough research about the realistic costs regarding your project in the offshoring world.
- Plan your company budget in a wise and considerate way.
- If this is your first company, ask the help of a financial company advisor with experience with offshoring.
- Make sure the first things come first – set clear priorities.
- Be prepared that the time and effort of IT specialists cost. Often, experts will bring more value to your company than people that are just starting.
- Ensure that when you pay for high-ticket service, it is backed by expertise, professional tools, and technology.
Working with an offshoring development team can be an enriching and uplifting experience. However, you need to be wise and have a good knowledge of the potential problems that can throw your company off track. If you keep aware of these dangers, you will have a good offshoring experience.
To make life easier for entrepreneurs that choose offshoring as their path, some offshoring companies are introducing a fully customized managed offshoring option called Yourshoring. Each detail of your offshoring experience is curated to fit your specific company needs and requirements. This tailor-made style of offshoring was first introduced by Turnkey Offshore Development Company and is gaining popularity very fast. So, if you are too busy to tend to every detail of your offshoring, you have options.
RELATED ARTICLE: HOW TO MAKE YOUR BUSINESS MORE EFFICIENT