Featured image from Ken Woodley via Pixabay
Submitting a personal application to UCAS can open the door to the very best British universities. But whether you can enter them depends not only on your achievements or the experience you have gained. How fully and convincingly you will be able to disclose them in the personal statement and other documents you present is at least as important.
Because the volume of the personal statement is not large, only 4,000 characters, it is necessary to put a maximum of positive information about yourself in it. Moreover, you must not make a single mistake.
RELATED ARTICLE: IS FURTHER EDUCATION VALUABLE FOR ESTABLISHED ENTREPRENEURS?
You have only one chance to convince the admissions office that you will be the perfect student for their curriculum. At the moment when the members of the commission will read your personal statement, their decision will form.
Therefore, you must make maximum effort to edit the document before it falls into their hands. A personal statement proofreading service will help eliminate all the shortcomings in the text and emphasize the apparent advantages of the applicant.
A person’s attention works in such a way that the more tasks he/she tries to solve at once, the more details elude him/her. Therefore, be prepared to read your text many times. Then each time you read, give your attention to only one important characteristic that makes the reasoning perfect:
- Structure. See if there are clear structural blocks in your text or whether it gives the impression of formless reasoning.
- Logics. In your mind, all your life experiences and future plans are interconnected. But the reader does not know you and draws conclusions from several pages of text. Evaluate how logically all your statements are connected.
- Style. The form of presentation of thought or narrative should not repel the reader. Therefore, it should be neither too cheeky nor too formal and boring.
Finishing Touches: Troubleshooting a Personal Statement
Once you have finished writing the content, you can start looking closely at words, punctuation, and sentence construction to find all kinds of mistakes:
Experienced proofreaders also advise looking for only one type of error each time you read for greater efficiency. For example, ask yourself questions:
- Are the sentences in my personal statement too long? Read the text, paying attention only to their length, and break down those that are difficult to understand.
- Are there any repetitions in the text? Meticulously and carefully filter out any repetitive phrases or thoughts in your writing.
- Isn’t there too much passive voice? Clean up the excess to make the text appear more dynamic.
RELATED ARTICLE: HIGH-PAYING BACHELOR’S DEGREES YOU CAN EARN ONLINE
EssayEdge professionals know the most efficient text editing sequences. Their secret to mastery is in the constant deepening of knowledge and wide work experience. In 25 years of helping applicants edit their personal statements and other academic papers, they have helped 65,000 people. Almost all of the customers achieved their goals and not only entered the best universities in Britain but also mastered the profession they dreamed of.
By entrusting your personal statement to specialists’ careful eyes, your only chance to please the commission will be 100% realized. Bring your dream closer with EssayEdge!
RELATED ARTICLE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND THE EVOLUTION OF EDUCATION