Government data is actually quite boring on its own, but in these exciting times of democratized programming, government data can be turned into some pretty exciting mashups.
That’s just what the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation is aiming to make more possible with its work to make government and related data more available with its new Apps for America contest. More than 40 open source applications and websites making use of that data entered the contest and the six fabulous winners were announced.
The six winners received between one and fifteen thousand dollars cash to support further development of their projects.
– Fillibusted – a site aiming to hold filibustering Congresspeople accountable for their actions.
– Legistalker – a site that tracks news, Twitter, YouTube and other online activity by and about members of Congress.
– HelloCongress – like Digg for Congressional priorities, with a twist.
– Know Thy Congressman – a beautiful informational pop-up about Congresspeople that you can invoke anywhere you find their names on the web.
– Yeas and Nays – a sophisticated Firefox plug-in that helps you click-to-call members of Congress.
– E-Paper Trail – a data rich site to compare and learn about Congresspeople.
Photo by slonecker.
Business owners don’t have the time or know-how to manage their own social media campaigns, yet they know they need to. Start your own business managing social media for local businesses – we provide the website & all the training you will need. Do you enjoy Facebook & Twitter? Why not make a hefty residual […]
Commercial Capital Training
Welcome to Commercial Capital Training Group Own Your Own Finance Business By Completing Our Comprehensive Commercial Loan Broker Training Program Commercial Capital Training Group, LLC 90 State St. Suite #1500 Albany, NY 12207 Commercial Capital Training Group has developed a one-of-a-kind commercial loan broker training program that allows you to own a commercial finance company. With […]
Kona Ice is ranked the #1 New Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine and rated the highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by TWO separate agencies! Here at Kona Ice, we don’t think it’s luck at all. It’s the combination of a fresh concept, strong corporate support with a vision, and a desire to make the world a better place. So […]