Susan Gunelius at Entrepreneur has five tips that anyone can apply to their social media marketing efforts today and start seeing positive results almost immediately.
1. Make it easy and non-threatening for your audience to participate. Not only does your content matter on the social web but your personality matters, too.
2. Write share-worthy content. The more amazing content that you publish online through your social media profiles and branded destinations, the more people will want to share it with their audiences.
3. Acknowledge and recognize your audience. The power of social media marketing comes from the relationships you develop with your online audience.
4. Integrate all of your marketing efforts. All of your marketing efforts should work together to present consistent brand messages and lead to your ultimate marketing goals.
5. Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’. Just because your competitor is doing something on the social web doesn’t mean that you need to do the same.
Photo by Photofunia.