Content marketing was around even before the digital age began. Business owners in those days created written materials to promote their businesses through newsletters, magazines, and other materials.
Nowadays, however, content marketing more often takes digital forms. For example, content creators use videos, blogs, or social media posts. There are other forms of digital marketing, too. To get more information about other digital marketing strategies, click here.
What’s more, if you’re setting up a content marketing campaign for your business, the following tips will help.
1. Determine the Purpose of Your Content Marketing Campaign
Put first things first. That is, figure out the purpose of your campaign. Obviously, you want it to help your business. However, what type of content will you be creating? Will you use your campaign for brand awareness? Or do you want it to increase sales? Each form of content marketing you choose will require a different tone and form of material.
2. Make Sure You Know Your Audience
Once you’ve figured out the purpose of your campaign, you then need to understand the audience whose attention you’d like to catch. For example, the content of a blog for an older generation is far different from that of a blog that aims to reach a younger audience.
3. Pay Attention to Your Content Structure
Any audience will be more receptive to well-thought-out content that is free of grammatical and typographical errors. Also, use simple and catchy phrases in your title. And maintain a consistent structure throughout your article. To that end, make sure to consider these three things:
- Tone – Keep the tone light and friendly. Readers will stop reading content that sounds overbearing and stuffy.
- Flow – Make sure your ideas aren’t all over the place. Craft smooth transitions from one idea to the next.
- Format – Maintain a balance in your content somewhere between formal and casual. Moreover, it must match the taste of your target audience.
Above all, be conversational. Just talk to your audience. Present whatever it is that you want them to know without trying to force them to believe you.
4. Enable Social Media Sharing Buttons
If people like your content, they are more likely to share it on their social media accounts. Therefore, make it easy for them to do so by enabling social media buttons on your post’s page. Without these, they may resort to copying and pasting. And when they do that, the link will not be attributed to your page.
5. Be SEO Conscious
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a big deal, as you probably already know. SEO-friendly content can go a long way in making your marketing campaign count. Therefore, be aware of how to use the keywords that can help the Google crawl bots discover your posts.
In addition, here are a few of the many factors that can help with SEO for your content:
- Substance – As we mentioned earlier, you need to produce content with high quality. That’s because this plays a decisive role in improving SEO.
- Authority – You need to be viewed by search engine crawl bots as an authority to get a better ranking on search page results. You can achieve this by guest posting on authority websites. Alternatively, you can have authority page posts mention your content in their posts. This is where linking and backlinking take place.
RELATED ARTICLE: HOW CAN I GET MY BUSINESS TO RANK HIGHER IN THE SEARCH ENGINES?
6. Tap Social Media Influencers
As you build your followers by posting quality content, also take advantage of the followers of social media influencers in your industry. To do that:
- Reach out to the social media influencers who are in the same niche as you are.
- Ask if you can quote them in your posts.
- Be one of their sponsors in exchange for them sharing your content. Or work with them in some other way to get your content published on their social media page or website.
If you’re quoting social media influencers in your articles, they will be more likely to share your content free of charge. That’s because you will have promoted them first.
7. Make Different Versions of Your Content
This is what is commonly called “repurposing your content.” For example, let’s say you create a video and post it on YouTube. Then you create a podcast version for your blog. This way, you get to reach more people through different channels using the same content.
8. Don’t Forget Your Call to Action
Creating educational content is your marketing strategy. Whether the primary goal is for brand awareness or to gather leads for sales, you’d want to gather those that you reached through your digital marketing campaign. Therefore, make sure to include a powerful call to action in each post.
Give Your Content the Royal Treatment
Content is king, so give your content the royal treatment it deserves. Use these tips from a digital marketing agency to jump start your marketing campaign. You’ll never know how effective a strategy can be if you haven’t at least tried it.