Featured image by Anton27
In this post, we offer up a discussion about the benefits to businesses of voice translations, especially for companies that have an international presence. To put it bluntly, voice translations for your company’s videos will help you soar ahead of your competitors.
RELATED ARTICLE: 6 EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS USING YOUTUBE
Globalization requires companies to adapt to economic, technological, and communication changes. As a result, many companies have started using voice-over translations to ensure audiences the world over can understand their content. Whether it is a movie, short film, or corporate training material, translating your audio into different languages extends the effectiveness and reach of the content.
If you want to know how beneficial voice translations can be, here are five business benefits of voice translations that every company should know.
1. Voice Translations Are More Valuable Than Subtitles
There is no doubt that subtitles are an effective way to translate content into different languages. But when it comes to the nuances of individual languages, subtitles may not be as effective. Subtitles often cannot express the message as effectively as voice translations do. When left with subtitles alone, viewers tend to pause the video so they can read and understand what the subtitles are saying. This process creates a delay in comprehension and can be a big problem for corporate training material.
When companies train their global employees, the learning solution needs to meet the needs of those staff in their own language. Using subtitles increases viewers’ comprehension time because they first have to read the subtitles and then process the content. This added time spent taking the information in can lead to delays in the training program and create losses for companies. Additionally, subtitles can be confusing if multiple people are speaking simultaneously in the video.
But voice translations remove the need to read subtitles. When the video or audio content is translated into the audience’s native language, the viewer understands the content faster and better. This is because they do not need to pause at every frame to read the subtitles.
2. A Voice Message Aligns Better with the Video
If you are familiar with subtitles, you must know that subtitles often lose sync with the video. But improper sync between the video and the subtitles can confuse viewers. This makes the content difficult to understand. Voice translations remove the need to sync subtitles. This is because the translated audio is synced with the source video with higher precision.
RELATED ARTICLE: 3 VIDEO MARKETING TECHNIQUES TO INCREASE YOUR CONVERSIONS
3. You Will Deal with Highly Experienced Sound Professionals
Audio production and voice over companies have many voice professionals such as sound engineers, writers, and producers. These professionals create highly accurate voice translations. They use cutting-edge equipment, software, and skills to translate the audio into different languages while preserving the underlying message of the video content. They clean, adjust, and sync their voice translations with the video content with highest precision.
4. Voice Translations Provide a Lot of Options
Producing audio for films, documentaries, marketing videos, and corporate training material demands different voice requirements. You cannot use the same techniques of voice translations for all types of video content. Fortunately, voice translations provide various options to choose from.
Here are some of them:
- UN-style voice translation: The viewers and the video itself often demand the original artist’s voice preserved in the video. In that case, the translated voice is spoken over the original actor instead of replacing it. The translated voice is placed a few seconds after the original voice. That means the viewers can hear the original speaker’s voice just before the translated audio. This voice translation method preserves the relevance of the original speaker. It is beneficial for companies who want to immerse their viewers in the original voice of the native language.
- Voice replacement: This is one of the most common voice translation techniques companies use. In this technique, the voice of the original speaker is muted and replaced by the native language speaker’s voice. This method is a bit more complex than other techniques as it is challenging to translate the little nuances of the original voice. When the original speaker emphasizes certain points, the voice professional needs to speak the translated words with the same emphasis.
- Dubbing or lip-syncing: If you’ve ever watched a foreign film, you’ve likely experienced dubbing. Voice dubbing is one of the prevalent techniques used in film to portray the translated voice as if the video were initially filmed in the viewer’s native language. Though it is a challenging technique that requires effort and precision, dubbing exemplifies professionalism. It will surely help your company to stand out from the competition.
5. You Will Work with Experienced and Skilled Voice Talent
The voice artists that work with production companies are highly professional and skilled in their craft. They know what it takes to voice translate a video without losing its originality and relevance. They use different techniques to provide a successful voice translation.
Voice translation is a great way to make your content available to a global audience. It maximizes your audience reach while helping your brand become more prominent in different parts of the world. That is why every business must consider using voice translations for their video content.
RELATED ARTICLE: 7 MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR GROWING YOUR AUDIENCE